We aren’t making much progress on the basement, but we have gotten some outdoor tasks done.
The first project was digging a giant hole for the egress window.
Emma helped by continuously dropping her toys into the giant pit.
The excavation went well, all things considered. We abused some 5 gallon buckets, and eventually started using this pulley system.It ended up 4 feet by 101″ wide (8.5 feet) and about 7 feet deep.We used a 72″ gray Rockwell elite egress window from Summit Contractor Supply. It was $952. That’s about $400 less than most retailers, but it was still not cheap. The good news is it will last as long as the house. Plus it looked adorably like a covered wagon before install.
Mounting the well was very easy, just 12 concrete wedge anchors into the block wall.
We leveled and repaired the erosion on the back of the house with the leftover dirt piles. It ended up about a foot deep for a good 50 square foot area. Michael is a champion mover of dirt.
After creating the giant hole, we marked the window rough opening, custom ordered the casement window, and now we’re waiting for the window to arrive.
Well, by waiting I mean pouring concrete slabs and working on the deck :)
Progressing right along :)